POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Photon - Cornell Box : Re: Photon - Cornell Box Server Time
5 Aug 2024 02:21:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Photon - Cornell Box
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 20 Feb 2003 20:09:06
Message: <3e557c32$1@news.povray.org>
Okay, I'll post the example scene right after I wrote this
post.

Its actually a little tricky:
First, the object that will cast photons will need no_image,
in order for the object to not show up when rendering.
Still, it will casts shadows and reflect photons.
Then, a second object is needed, which will use
no_shadow (since one is already cast by the first
object) and it has to be slightly larger, since photons
don't like coincident surface (like nothing in POV does ;-).

For this to work, I've also written a macro which takes
care of these things all by itself. You need to supply
an object (without any texturing), a transform that will
be applied to it (like transform{translate <5,11,2>})
and two materials (since materials include everything,
ranging from pigment, normal, finish to interior):
One material which will have an effect on how and
in which color the photons are reflected (and thus needs
some reflection statement), the other can be any kind
of material (but doesn't need reflection, for your intended
diffuse look).
After these four things are declared, you call the macro and
feed it the desired options, and voila!
A diffuse object casting photons!
(see binaries.images)

Regards,